Bordeaux Sandret & Hurel chemin de St Genes 1802 SIT

Site Description: 
sulphuric acid works
Type of Site
Site Category: 
Site Series: 
Site of Chemistry: 
Yes
Site of Alchemy: 
No
Laboratory: 
No
Teaching Room: 
No
Location
Pinned Location: 
Accuracy: 
Approximate
Historical Location
Historical Country: 
France
Historical City: 
Bordeaux
Historical Street: 
chemin de St Genes
The Site
Notes: 
1802: Sandret de Trianon and Hurel, set up a sulphuric acid works using the lead chamber process.
1804: S de T, the sole proprietor, sold it to Joseph Aubert, Hurel remained as director.
1805/06: Aubert sold it to Delage, Hurel remained as director.
1807: Delage sold it to Pierre Lecerf who added the manufacture of couperose.
1820: Lecerf sold it to Lartigue et Cie which consisted of the pharmacist Lartigue and 3 associates, one of whom was from Honfleur.
1834: the company was liquidated and Lartigue remained the sole proprietor.
1842: the works closed with L's death.
Secondary Sources: 
Detailed Reference: 
75 (1987), pp. 185-86
Start Year: 
1802
End Year: 
1842