1756-92: Intendant des Menus Plaisirs du Roi.
1772: contributed to a fund to finance Lavoisier's burning-glass experiments.
Took Sage's chemistry course.
1778: a director of the Compagnie des Eaux.
With Bourboulon and Buffault speculated in Russian tallow.
1776: with Bourboulon and Buffault invested in the foret de la Margeride, which supplied fuel to the glassworks there which was owned at around the time by Bourboulon and Lefevre and then by Buffault's sons.
Bourboulon, Buffault and Papillon de la Ferte owned the property at Epinay which Alban and Peeters rented for their sulphuric acid factory. The three then invested heavily in the Javel works.
3/3/87: decision to dissolve the Bouboulon, Buffault & Papillon de la Ferte partnership with effect from 6/2/92.